Photo by, DUphotography.com
So often brides believe adding a touch of glamour to their wedding will increase their expenses. There are many small touches and big ideas that present a high quality look to your wedding day without being a drag on your budget. If you have additional ideas, please share them here.
1. Linens at the reception instead of paper table cloths and plastic. . Party Rental companies offer floor length table cloths for a dollar or two more than the shorter cloths. This one decision can change an entire room. You will find many church reception closets are open for brides to use when they are utilizing their site. These are filled with nice linens, silver, punch bowls and elegant serving pieces
2. The ceiling of a large auditorium style room can be lowered to 8 or 9 feet with the use of a hulu hoop and long swags of parachuttee silk or cheap lightweight fabric (of white or theme color) swagged to the corners and sides of the room from the attachment to the strong hulu hoop that is attached to the ceiling. This one feature brings romance and elegance into the room.
3. Large rooms with small weddings parties can be made glamorous by sectioning the room off with the entry as a separate greeting or cocktail or punch area. Soft music, hor d eurves, greetings from parents or even a reception line can be introduced into this spot. The guest arrive there and later move into the room. Furniture and tall tables can be added from furniture rentals.
Ways to section this off are with tall plants or trees from a nursery (rented). Screens and fabric curtains. Some locations have built in screens to divide their rooms. You can place blown up photos of the couple on the screens/dividers and family history. Run a video show of the couple's photos. Adding a photo booth for the guests to pop in and out of gives them a special welcome and a fun wedding favor. You get the photos of who attended and they gain a strip of the same photos. Some companies offer these with your names and wedding date on the final photo.
4. Outdoor weddings. If there are traffic sounds, rent a portable fountain as a sound inhibitor. A breeze or windy areas will create concerns, so bring a box of heavy/clean stones. These can decorated with the couple's name & wedding date to hold things down. You need five or six to a table. While rocks are not so glamorous, it is better than things blowing across the grass.
Photo by DUphotography.com
5. The cake/dessert table should be specially dressed if it is a focal point in the room. This looks best with a full length skirted linen that corresponds with the cake decor, and set in front of a pretty backdrop. By adding an elegant base to the cake, you increase the eye appeal. Adding dry ice to a larger bowl or silver bowl the punch bowl sits in... adds glamour.
7. We encourage those who choose to have favors at a wedding, do so with something that rings true to the theme or their personalities. This way you do not feel you are wasting money. We see couples give seeds, trees, plants that go home regarding the environment. We see traditional (Jordan Almonds) for those following their ethnic trends. There are so many great favors on the market today.