Friday, September 9, 2016
Quick TIPS On Selecting Your Wedding Dress
It is perfectly normal for a young lady to head toward websites and bridal shops to review wedding dresses and gain ideas toward what would look nice on her wedding day. You can shop forever and wear yourself out.
photo by DUPhotography.com
Save some time and gain some understanding of terminology, and decide on the time of year, and style of event - before you enter the shops. WeddingLinks.co links over 300 design houses for wedding dresses, bridesmaid, flower girls and tuxedo designers. We also link local bridal shops in the GLOBAL SEARCH Page leading to each area menu,
We continue to encourage you to NOT purchase a wedding dress, until you have determined your wedding site, your budget, and the style wedding you want. We know the shops tell you to purchase, but understand you will not want to arrive down the aisle with a winter dress in the summer and/or an inappropriate dress for a church wedding, or to formal ....or not formal enough for the wedding you finally create. Once you create your budget, determine your style wedding, then consider shopping for your gowns.
1. Learn the names of the styles prior to shopping at a store so the stylist can fetch the correct styles for you. This link will give you guidance regarding: LENGTH, Short, Long, Knee Length, Tea Length, Mini and Assemetrical. STYLE, Ball Gown, A-Line, Princess, Chapel Train, Trumpet, Modified A-Line and Sheath, Most shop owners train their staff to understand body shapes and to be good listeners. Sometimes a dress on a hangar looks awful, but put it on, and WOW !
2. Please do not buy something online, or on sale and expect another shop to FIT it for you. You will need to find a local tailor or seamstress.
3. Your body shape and size - please do not be insulted when the dress comes in a larger size. The store seamstress must have enough fabric to work with to complete your fittings. You want a dress that is flattering. Looking back at the puffy sleeves they put on Princess Diana is a pure example of what NOT to do to your body.
4. Understand the difference between summer satin and heavy winter satin. Lace gowns are very popular in the past five years and the trends will continue. You can enjoy the videos of current designer bridal gown fashion videos HERE.
5. When you shop, take a friend you trust or your mom, your bridesmaids when you shop. Sometimes the first gown we try on - ends up being IT. But we do recommend trying on several gowns.
6. If you are having your dress made. Please go to a professional seamstress. It is a lot of responsibility to hand a friend, or your mom, or your sister. Just cutting into expensive fabric takes a lot of nerve. I know, I have done it.
Empower your wedding planning with our Online Book - The "Wedding Manifesto" for planning your own wedding. Enjoy the management forms and gifts.
If you are planning a California Wedding - You will LOVE "Best Style California Wedding & Honeymoon". Find Venues & Services in each beautiful area of California.
Best Wishes From Your Wedding Coach, Author & Publisher, Judith Rivers-Moore